Suess's Alaskan Adventure

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Mid-way...well not quite


Hey there,
I've been spending hours and hours in the car. Luckily HE and SHE have relaxed a bit and I can stretch out on the back seat..well at least half way until I prop my head on the cooler. After spending time in VT and saying lots of goodbyes we hopped in the car and they welcomed me to Canada...whyever not I'm such a good guy. I spent the night in a strange room at another Grand-He and SHE's house. It was fun early in the evening as there was a cute little one to play with and a somewhat bigger one who had a ball and took me for a walk! I also got a bit of ham from an honorary 'easter dinner'. We set off at the b***-crack of dawn according to SHE. And passed through a place called Montreal. SHE fell asleep and I admit I did too until well past Ottawa. HE was so excited he had driving duty. We saw lots of interesting things and finally ended the day at Chutes provincial park with a nice walk along a river and waterfall.
I found out this trip might be even more fun when I was invited into the tent at night! Next morning bright and early they set me in the car again and off we went, beautiful countryside across the upper great lakes in Ontario. We stayed in Sleeping Giant Provincial park...another gorgeous site but with not too intelligent ducks who just wouldn't take my hint and fly away...they came back and back again. We got off to a bit of a rocky start due to HE's excitement and his waking up at 4 in the morning...bumbling around and waking the campground according to SHE...and waking SHE who was a bit grumpy about it all and decided to pack it in and were on the road by 5:30. A long day later we ended at River P.P. in Manitoba, and of all things discovered a delicious German restaurant! I was even treated to leftover schnitzel! It was just a little blip town...never know what you'll find. I spent the night guarding he and she again against weird outdoor sounds. SHE was happy that severe thunderstorms didn't materialize and HE was pleased the roof didn't cave in with gusty winds. Manitoba is wierd was the consensus...and HE was really glad he didn't pursue a postdoc in Winnepeg!.THis morning we just entered Saskatchewan and are at the information center where I just had my morning constitutional and enjoyed smelling prairie dog holes. Wonder where we'll end today! Take care all and hopefully they'll find placed where I can post again!

3 Comments:

  • So good to hear from you! Sounds like you had a lot fun and advantures! We want to go on advantures but we were left behind when He and She went to 1000 islands... Maybe next year as They were talking of buying a camper for us! Hope to read some more of your advantures soon!

    Bruno, Mick and Vanilla

    By Blogger jennsquared, at 10:04 AM  

  • Our mom says that she's been to Manitoba too and definitely agrees that it's weird. Glad to know you've been having fun and getting to see and smell lots of new things. Have you seen any big fish or birds yet? (We're trying to decide if we should ask to go along on the next camping trip).

    Ben & Ivy

    By Blogger Sneaksleep, at 11:42 AM  

  • Oh my goodness!!! You didn't tell me that you were driving through *Canada*! Isn't Sleeping Giant PP awesome?

    Winnipeg might have the Canadian version of the Atlanta CDC but moving there would be madness. Good move on HE's part. I'm not sure if Saskatchewan will be less weird than Manitoba, but good luck with that and enjoy the Trans-Canada... to quote South Park: "There's only one road in Canada..." :-) Hey! You'll catch the tail end of Stampede, I think - assuming you're going through Calgary. Enjoy! Yee-haw!

    By Blogger Joanne M, at 8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home