Suess's Alaskan Adventure

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Goodbye's

SHE said alot of goodbyes her last day at school. To stop being a teacher is hard, but to start a new chapter is exciting. Too think too much is just scary so...SHE started stuffing more things in boxes. I made sure to stay right near her. I don't want to be forgotten and company right now is sure to be appreciated! Saturday, we had a BBQ. It was gray and foggy, and pouring off and on. Nothing like the smell of a wet dog:-) Luckily, the shelter at East Rock was available...not too many other hardy souls out so we had it almost all to ourselves! There was a mix of the german group, He's lab group, and SHE's knitting friends. There were alot of sausages and breads...my favorite foods. Lucky for me later in the day some lovely things appeared in my doggy bowl. I had fun scavenging around the grill areas too. HE and SHE had a great time visiting, knowing they were saying goodbye to some for good was a bit melancholy, but good to know that we have friends in so many places and good memories too. I know I'll always find treats around the world. When we made it home I was so tired I passed out on the floor. HE soon joined me and SHE took the couch. Sunday, more gray weather. Good for long naps and SHE found even more things to stuff in boxes. I have vague memories of one use for newspaper from when I was a puppy but SHE's using it in mass quantities now.
SHE said goodbye to fellow SnB'ers too. SHE said there are alot heading on their way and SHE wishes them the best of luck. Some SHE knows SHE'll see at least once more. 'Nomad' and Zarzuela are well on their way. Thank goodness I started this blog for SHE to keep in touch!

2 Comments:

  • Suess,

    So sorry we missed you! But HE and SHE won't let us go because the rain! Well Bruno and Vanilla don't like wetness so they wouldn't have enjoyed it, but I sure would love to play in the puddles with you!!! So sad that I won't be able to meet you before you go to this place call "Alaska" but I am sure we will keep in touch through your blog!

    Good luck with all your adventures out there!

    Mick!

    By Blogger jennsquared, at 3:00 PM  

  • Sorry we missed you on Saturday - sounds like it was a good time despite the weather. Have fun in Vermont and good luck with your move - may it be stress-free, breakage-free, and adventurous (in a good way).

    By Blogger Joanne M, at 6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home