Suess's Alaskan Adventure

Friday, July 28, 2006

Here he is...

Here is the new addition to the family! They are continuing to keep busy around the yard and go off in the car once in a while coming back with lots of interesting packages. Nothing for me to eat yet! One thing, a weird motorized contraption came and went and came and went before never returning this last time. SHE said the weed-wacker was a waste...well it got the worst of the tall grass out of the yard but after the 2nd time failing it was gotten rid of! SHE came back with these hand clipper things and kept trimming around. HE and Uncle He moved rocks (why is beyond me). They thought they were working so hard, but at the end of the day were amazed at how small the pile was! We (Grizzly and I) aren't being allowed in the house, except for our special room downstairs ever since these other men came and made the carpet all flowery smelling. SHE says we need to wait until Uncle-HE leaves to prevent his death from allergies. When he leaves is a big question at the moment. Unemployed, college grad with a year before maybe heading for law school...he's at loose ends. He might stay with us in Fairbanks if he can get a job, or he might stay a few months as he looks into the peace corps...or or or. SHE and HE are happy to have him, there is enough space downstairs...or talk of a small cabin circulates. Another building for us to explore! As for all our stuff...we have heard we'll be waiting another two weeks before my kong resurfaces and my special egg. HE and SHE continue to camp on the floor in sleeping bags, I have my bed at least! I dont get much sleep. The sun doesn't seem to know when to go down around here. I eat my dinner and play a bit, waiting for the sign to go to bed, but my eyes are drooping big time before it comes...and then the sun is still up! At midnight it's like early evening and then the sun dips below the mountain at 2 or so in the morning and it's dawn around 3;30! Crazy place!

3 Comments:

  • Holy cow! So you only get like an hour of sleep? I think I'll like that since I have lots of energy, but I think Bruno will probably get too tired. He's too old for not sleeping. SHE said SHE saw a movie about it, something like "Insomnia"? So weird... Hopefully you will be able to sleep some more!

    Mick

    By Blogger jennsquared, at 5:03 PM  

  • You made it!! I totally didn't have you in my RSS reader for some reason but I'm glad I found you again! You even have a new addition to the family already? That's crazy! I'm glad you had a good trip. When I read about you going to Lake Louise and Banff it made me very nostalgic for my two summers up there. Glad things are going well for you all! :)

    Jessica
    http://zarzuelaknitsandcrochets.com/blog

    By Blogger Zarzuela, at 3:33 PM  

  • Your new buddy looks like a handsome, fun-loving guy! I'm so glad that you both have short enough grass to actually run in now!

    By Blogger Sneaksleep, at 5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home